Monday 27 February 2012

Something Very Different

What a beautiful day it was yesterday with the sun shining and the birds tweeting away. A perfect day for some crafting.


I wanted to do something very different and did not want to get covered in ink, as I do most days so I decided to do something with....FABRIC !! Shock horror a paper crafter using fabric.... I had several lengths of some pretty fabric that I have used in the past to make Lavender filled hearts and I wanted to put them to good use, but what could I make........


Note/address books came to mind. The fabric was the right size for the notebooks that I had made previously so I covered some very strong pieces of card with the fabric and then covered the inside with coordinating Coordinations card. I punched holes using my Crop-A-Dile and applied eyelets for extra strength and then put in  4 book rings to hold the insert into place.I added some ribbon and funky fibers to soften the book rings, and there you have it 3 Note/address books;





They all have matching gift boxes. The contents include approx. 50 notepaper pages and address tabs and inserts. Price on application xx

4 comments:

  1. Like the colours Cathy.....and very innovative to put the ribbons on the rings.....nice touch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Cathy!! I love what you do and can't believe I wasn't following you!!! So now I am a new follower and there is something for you on my blog as your cards and creations have inspired me! http://debbiescardcreations.blogspot.com/
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie...I am now following you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cath, these are absolutely gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete