Sunday 25 March 2012

Sewing Corner

Over the last week I have fancied doing something totally different from card making. So i dusted off my old singer sewing machine, it was my great grandmothers, and had a look for a few easy sewing projects.


I came across a special offer on RU craft and they were selling off some kits at a great discount price so thought I would give them ago to start as they contained the pattern and the fabric.


The 1st one I made was Clarence the Cockerel who is actually a doorstop! The instructions wee easy to follow and all I had to find was a bag of rice as a weight and some foam filling. And here he is:

Clarence

Side view

I must admit I am rather proud of Clarence and will be going into production in a variety of designs.




The second project was a small reversible shopping bag. The fabrics includes in this kit were gorgeous!! The pattern was really easy to follow and great for a rusty sewer out of retirement. Again I am pleased with the finished results:


The outside

The inside but it is fully reversible.



No comments:

Post a Comment