Saturday 21 April 2012

Busy few days


Well this week seems to have flown by even with this dreadful weather but at least the sun is shining today!

I have been up to a variety of different things over the week starting with some paint fusion by Sheena Douglass. I printed some decoupage layers from the CD and made them up and also printed some of the stunning backing papers, there are just so many to choose from. I then chose a border to go around the object that I was going to decorate.

 I had a paper mache box from Crafters Companion that I fancied decorating so after 2 coats of cream emulsion I applied the backing papers and the  finished decoupage to the top and sides and  I then added the border around the lid and around the middle of the box. To finish I added a sentiment from the CD and some white ribbon;

Finished box


When I was browsing through the CD I found some other wonderful decoupage images that I thought would look good on candles. I mounted some tissue paper to some card using stick and spray and then printed a variety of the images onto the tissue. I then cut these out whilst still attached to the card as I find them easier to handle and then removed them from the card sprayed on a little more stick and spray and then positioned them onto the candle. Once happy with the placement I wrapped them up in double thickness greaseproof paper and heated gently with my heat gun until the wax started to melt. I ended up getting a bit carried away and made 10 candles in total.



Once finished, wrapped in cellophane with
matching gift tag



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love how your box turned out, really gorgeous! You have been busy with your candles too! very nice! :)

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete