Thursday 7 June 2012

What a challenge.

I have had a pretty tough few weeks and sadly have not felt like crafting at all but at long last today I thought I would have a go at a Jewellery Challenge. The theme was the colours purple ranging into pink so I had a look through my beading stash and came up with this;




I used my trust Gizmo and made some coil beads using purple and pink wire and the small mandrel. I made  8 cm long pink coils and then threaded on the purple wire and coiled again creating the 2 tone effect. The pendant is made of glass with a lovely pinks/purples swirling through it and I added some small glass beads to finish it off. The purple circle beads are from "raysbeadsandfindings" and are metal covered in a lovely purple metal affect sheen that sadly the picture does not do justice to. I used 2 strands of beading wire and added some small seed beads to create extra texture to the necklace. I hope you like it and I will be entering it into the beaded jewellery challenge, so wish me luck xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Love it Cathy. Thanks very much for sharing and joining in with the challenge. Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete