Monday 8 July 2013

Beaders and Crafters Combine


I 1st took 2 sets of bracelet Bezels and a set of earring blanks. I removed 3 of the squares from the bracelet to create a 2 square pendant. I added my choice of Pebeo paints.....I used English Red and Mandarine in alternate bezels and then added a few drops of Fantasy Moon Sand which is a gold colour into each square. Make sure that you mix the paints well. You then sit back and watch the magic happen but be warned it takes a very long time to dry so leave over night to be on the safe side.





Stage 2 is to mix up the Resin. I used about 10mls in total for all of the squares  so a little goes a long way. I carefully poured it over the dry paint making sure I did not over fill the bezels, and again sat back and watched the magic happen... you have to be very very patient and leave overnight to dry otherwise you will get sticky fingers and spoil your project..I have learnt this the hard way. If you see any little bubbles forming on the top of the resin just use a lighter and hold close to the resin and the flame will make them disappear in an instant.


Once fully dry I attached a silver chain to the 2 links using a jump ring to create the necklace. I gently sanded the bottom of the square where I had removed the other 3 squares which made up the original bracelet.



So there you have it a full set of jewellery which is totally unique as no 2 pieces will be the same. All it needed was a little gift bag to put it in.

I printed of one of the toppers from the Brambly Hedge CD and one of the coordinating backing papers and put them onto a brown paper bag base. I used some coordinations card for matting and layering and added a few paper flowers and leaves to finish.



The complete set that would make a perfect gift but I dont think I could bring myself to give this one away...........

1 comment:

  1. Wow Cathy 2 amazing pieces of work ... Stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete